5.8.09

GUCCI!!

So my car doesn't have a CD player. And I don't have an iPod. This means whenever I hit the road, I must make the best of the local urban radio stations in the area. Last summer this wasn't that big of an issue, considering Da Carter 3 was soon to drop and I could find "A Milli" or "Dr. Carter" playing somewhere every 15 minutes. This time around, I am not so lucky. I have nothing against Jeremiah, but Birthday Sex gets old quick, I'll just leave it at that. However, a couple weeks back I caught this gem, and was struck.

I am not familiar with Gucci, the mixtapes, and the hype that seems to be building around him. I heard someone mention the other day that they are convinced Gucci would be a great rapper if he just expanded his topics outside of trapping, crack, and ecstasy. All I know is this track is straight heat rocks. The bass knocks you in the teeth, the synths glitter, the strings are tautly arranged, and there is a very informative GPSA (Ghetto Public Service Announcement). Big ups to The FADER for the drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment